DR. ZUBOWSKI ENCOURAGES BREAST AUGMENTATION CANDIDATES TO OUTLINE THEIR IDEAL BREAST

After performing an exhaustive number of breast augmentations during my more than 25 years in practice as a board-certified plastic surgeon, I believe I understand what women want from their procedure. I’ve always stressed to these patients that shape, size and proportion are equal partners in achieving ideal breast aesthetics.  So when the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) recently released its study on what people consider to be the ideal breast I wanted to see it. (http://www.plasticsurgery.org/x1673.xml?google=study+seeks+to+define+Ideal+Breast&x=-249&y=-344).  I wasn’t surprised by it’s findings. There, in black and white, were the same conclusions I had reached at the Robert Zubowski MD Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, in Paramus, New Jersey, where I am Medical Director. In the study, men as well as women preferred a 45:55 ratio, meaning that 45 percent of the breast should be above the nipple, leaving 55 percent below, giving it more lower fullness.

There are several decisions that you, as a breast augmentation patient, need to make in preparation for this life-changing surgery. Among them are: the type of implant–and fortunately we are living in a time where women have the widest options available to them beyond cup size and shape. You should discuss with your surgeon the various surgical approaches, what he believes will provide minimal scarring, and what is right for you. At the Robert Zubowski MD Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, we will guide you through these important decisions step-by-step. Prior to your consultation with me we will send you an information packet and ask that you begin collecting photos of how you would like your breasts to look. We also encourage you to bring along a swimsuit to your consultation; sample implants will give you a better visual on how you will look post-surgically.

If you are considering breast augmentation or other cosmetic rejuvenations, please contact our office manager to schedule a discrete consultation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Any Questions?

Latest News