Suffering from Debilitating Migraines? See Dr. Gandolfi

If you’re suffering from chronic migraines you are not alone. According to the Migraine Research Foundation, thirty-eight million Americans are living with migraine headaches and while they are much more prevalent in women – 85% of sufferers – its pain is just as distressing for the other 15%. Migraines have many causes and are often multifactorial in nature, but many can be triggered by irritation of nerves in the head and neck area. As a plastic surgeon specializing in craniofacial procedures, I treat migraine headaches through surgery to reduce the inflammation to the affected nerves. In the carefully selected patient, stopping an inciting event will produce a life-changing decrease in migraines. In some cases, it can be curative. A series of studies have shown 80% of patients who undergo these targeted procedures will drastically reduce or eliminate their migraines.

At the Robert Zubowski MD Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, in Paramus, NJ, candidates for migraine surgery must have migraines that are causing a severe burden to their life and have a consistent pattern of onset. To determine whether you are an ideal surgical candidate your first step is to complete our questionnaire found on our website. Once complete, if you are a candidate, our office will schedule you for a one-on-one consultation with me and send you more information in preparation for your appointment. Not all migraines can be treated surgically, so I try not to waste your time if I cannot treat your type of migraine.

We perform migraine surgery in the SurgiCenter, our state-of-the-art, fully accredited surgery suite. Some surgeries are rather straight forward, while others take more time, depending upon where the irritated nerve or inflamed tissue is located.

Take the first step by filling out our migraine questionnaire, click here to download.

2 thoughts on “Suffering from Debilitating Migraines? See Dr. Gandolfi

  1. Michael Scrimenti, M.D.

    I am a neurologist specializing in headache management. I have several patients who have improved somewhat with Botox and felt that these might be good surgical candidates to refer to your office.

    What are the criteria that you use to determine if a patient is a surgical candidate for migraine treatment?

    1. Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Post author

      Thank you for your interest. You can find more information on our migraine surgery page, which includes a downloadable questionnaire that helps determine candidacy. If you’d like to speak with Dr. Gandolfi, please call our practice, 201.261.7550.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Any Questions?

Latest News